Freitag, 14. Juni 2013

dc #107: MORNING, NOON and NIGHT




Time was when I have been a night owl

As far back as the night was nearly a space for me to be in silence... alone with me... even when I was about 7 years old and later during my study. It was splendid.

When I was pregnant for the first time... with the twins.... the night started to be very... dark.
I wanted to be asleep but I couldn't.

As the twins were born neither







morninoonight morninoonight morninoonight morninoonight morninoonight morninoonight morninoonight morninoonight... morninoonight morninoonight morninoonight morninoonight... blended and watered-down








 So to take a bath turned to my night... splendid



 This week's drawing challenge is hosted by dear Helen
Her theme is morning, noon and night

I construe the painting The Valpinçon Bather by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres (1780-1867) that is touching me in a special way... as you know... see above.

On a transparent paper...  lay it on a daily newspaper... I apply a layer of very wet white paint that the paper let bubble up and start promptly with black ink to find the outlines of the figure... make up a wallpaper that turns from black to white, striped with lovely pink crayon and... add two babies.

This is what immediatly comes to my mind when I had read the theme of Helen. Please visit her exciting place for more inspiring morning, noon and nights.

 Wish you some!




dc

...

 No 107 at the 15th + 16th of June morning, noon and night with Helen

Next: No 108 at the 22nd + 23rd of June with Kristen

Follows: No 109 at the last WE, the 29th + 30th of June with Sabine... Miss Herzfrisch


Who is our next host?
... 







12 Kommentare:

  1. oh, very interesting, a bit about you mother Ariane - and I enjoy to see your drawing with all its layers and the flowers!
    Have a nice weekend
    x Stefanie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. dear a,
    such a poetry,
    beautiful!
    i am more of morning bird these days, loving the hours of sunrise and just before/after,
    but the night is so magical as well...

    love

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. wonderful story
    great process
    and intriguing artwork Ariane.

    I too love the quiet of night but when my baby was newborn I dreaded the long nights with little sleep. Especially since she was a winter baby and the having to get out of a warm bed to feed the time seemed to go much slower.

    Enjoy your weekend

    Helen x




    AntwortenLöschen
  4. The Valpinçon Bather is known to me, and it is beautiful. here you express the love for your children, all while staring wild eyed, into the night. oi! i hope it didn't last too long?
    i love though, how this scene sprang to your mind, as you ackowledged this week's theme, it is powerful, as a theme, innit? i enjoy your explanations too.
    n♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Ariane,
    This is so sweet and touching. I can imagine morning noon and night being blended with the advent of two little babies. Bath as a respite from the demands of the day? Oh, yes!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Ohh, I love the story of the painting process:):)and flowers, flowers...

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. oh das ist wunderwunderschön liebe ariane. und das tapetendesign inspiriert mich gerade sehr ...

    herzlichst und blumig, tatjana

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Gentle painting of a busy time, Ariane. Thnking back I wonder how we make it through those days of babies, babies, babies, morning, noon, and night! Have a great week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. This was a very interesting post, Ariane. I really went back in time to my own baby-tending days. Both our children are grown to adulthood and home again with me this week for a visit. Sweet time. xxxooo,sus

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Such a tender image and a spontaneous art piece. This has resulted in the most delicate and touching work of art. Love those pink stripes against the black. So gorgeous. Love the 'idea' of this work. Beautiful Ariane. N, xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. wonderful and delicate lines and fluid I love your painting and mixed with flowers how can you go wrong here!

    Happy to play on next weekend :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. me too i love how you surrounded everything with flowers, they speak of beauty,tenderness and love in spite of the sleepless nights, the two babies , very small but very present :), a lovely piece Ariane, xx

    AntwortenLöschen

Resonance

    Ihr Lieben,  i m Gegensatz zum Tagebuch, das nicht von Anderen gelesen werden soll, ist so ein Weblog etwas, das gerne geteilt wird. So ...