Samstag, 14. April 2012

Drawing challenge #56: 'I am a { ··· fill in your zodiac sign ··· }



 Gemini



Mercury, the messenger between mother earth and...


heavenly father. 

There and back. 
Flip-flopping.
Along the Mercurial wand, the spinal column of the Aether.
Fast, very fast with aery wings.

*
*


The advices that I bring are (sometimes) not from me. I only mirror them.


 Earlier I've  felt lonely because of that. 
But today I take some deep, deep breaths and feel good again.
Home and beeing close to the action.

My assignement is coming from the twinship to the oneness.

Me and Not-me
Moon and Sun
Night and Day
Water and Fire
Female and Male
...

From 'either... or' to 'both... and'.
The interplay of opposites.



A42_262.gif
is the sign for Gemini and

Merkur 
is for Mercury. The hand mirror, the caduceus and the wings on the helmet.

For this work I've over painted some book pages ('Unter dem Zwillingsstern/Under the twin star' from T. Kinkel... yes, I've dare, dear Nadine!) and stick them in a spiral-bound notebook. I've drawed with pencil and with blue and red (female and male) crayon and yellow-gold, the colour for the upper unity.
I show here also a little hermit crab 'cause only a few hours later... my zodiac sign would be  the Crab.

This week's drawing challenge is hosted by renovating Nadine 
with her theme 'I am a { ··· fill in your zodiac sign ··· }'. 
Please take a look at her cosmos to get to know more.


No. 52 Industrial
No. 53 Connection
No. 54 Garden

 

NOW: No. 56 woolfy Nadine with
'I am a { ··· fill in your zodiac sign ··· }'
at 14.+15.04.2012

 

After next: No. 57 whimsycal Helen
'A pair of...' at 21.+22.04.2012

 

Coming: No. 58 Patrice with '?' at 27.+26.04.2012

 

Who is next?


13 Kommentare:

  1. Wow Ariane!! This is a stunning post! I love everything about it.i love what you wrote to...my sister is gemini too..powerful sign!Beautiful art..hugs
    Victoria

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Dear Ariane; there is such fragility and lightness both in your photos and paintings that I find very rare and touching, it is very unique and charming x Leena

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hello fellow Gemini! Working on the book pages has created a mysteriousness to the paintings. Powerful yet delicate.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. oooh Ariane Gemini Queen

    I love your drawing! your placement of twins in the centre broken by spirals is right up my alley colours are perfect very airy. nice response!

    Helen

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. sorry to read about the mirroring going a little wayside... there's ups and downs... i have a gemini in da house, and oh boy! i mean you are a woman, but a gemini boy... oh boy... ;)))

    loving you interpretation too, it is quite explanatory! loving the mirror (and other) details... the symbolics used by you are thoughtful (one side) and the actual execution daring (the other side)... ;)))

    good on you to overpaint book pages!!! it's a relief to do so, sometimes. well done, gemini, don't you find it erases boundaries a little? gemini needs that, deffo!
    n♥
    ps - so glad it had this effect on you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. great!
    working on book pages worked out beautiful
    the mirroring, the opposites
    flip-flopping
    like wings
    ....

    my father is a Gemini
    those ups and downs
    the two sides and faces
    a struggle sometimes

    love
    XX

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Dear Ariane - love the way you have portrayed your inner self - the two sides of Gemini. The use of the two pages in the book, the mirror and the spiral column in the middle. The dear little crab creeping in at the edge. I wonder if you would be much different if he had been a bit quicker, and you had been born under Cancer.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Dear Ariane, accurate and inventive, also Gemini, the mirror above that spiral is a strong image that touches me and will stay with me for a while (not sure why at the moment, but it does), delicate as always (i repeat myself but it is so striking) x

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. so so so schön deine zarten zwillinge, zwillingsmama, aussergewöhnliche zwillingsfrau, was ganz besonderes eben! danke für die katzen entdeckung, das hat mich so gefreut! herzenskuss, julia

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Very beautiful, Ariane. The drawings are beautiful together with your very moving text

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Superschön und zart, Dein Zwillingswerk.
    Ich mag die Idee, auf Buchseiten zu malen, das hat immer so was Vielschichtiges. Besonders, wenn der Buchtitel noch so schön zum Thema des Bildes passt. Und der Spiegel..wirklich eine sehr schöne Idee!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. My lovelies,
    ... maybe you forebodes how much your words helps,
    maybe not... doesn't matter:
    Thank you.
    Love,
    Ariane.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Hello dear Ariane

    so it is me for this weeks drawing challenge I will post the details today of challenge and topic.

    Ill pop in to see you after Ive posted.

    Bye have a lovely day Helen :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Resonance

    Ihr Lieben,  i m Gegensatz zum Tagebuch, das nicht von Anderen gelesen werden soll, ist so ein Weblog etwas, das gerne geteilt wird. So ...